Thursday, February 12, 2009

The man whose name I'm taking...

Steven has to be the most patient, loving, hard working man I know. He has a heart like no other and his loyalty and ability to forgive inspire me everyday. I have already learned so much from him and I know that will continue to be a life long event! He is the love of my life.




Steven owns Old Havana Cigar Company with a location in Rome and Cartersville, GA. http://www.oldhavanacigar.com/ He graduated from Berry College in 2002 with a degree in Psychology. But then an interesting turn of events led him to work at Cubana, a cigar shop in Rome located on Broad Street. The owner saw something in Steven and took him under his wing, kind of like an apprentice if you will. Steven was introduced to the world of cigars and tobacco. He learned how they were made, from the planting of the seed to harvesting the leaves and the handmade art of rolling them into completion. He has visited multiple tobacco farms in places like the Bahamas, the Dominican Republic, Honduras and Nicaragua. And he basically fell in love with the tradition and history of cigars and what they represent, a taste of the good life. So, instead of continuing on to graduate school, in 2003 Steven bought Cubana which he then named Old Havana Cigar Co. I don't think he's ever regretted this path, actually I know he hasn't! Everything Steven has earned and accomplished is from his unbelievable work ethic, his honesty and his passion for life. He opened up the second store in 2008 and will continue to look for opportunities to grow!

Yes, I get to marry this man :)

No comments:

Post a Comment